Objectified Response

Objectified Response

January 14, 2020


After watching Gary Hustwit's Objectified, I decided to compile a list of designers and the quotes I found helpful in aiding my ideas for designing my object. Karim Rashid stated, "Imagine that if you design a million chairs to date or however many chairs have been done in the world, why on earth should we have an uncomfortable chair?" which led me to choose to create a sofa for my project.

Another designer that helped me come up with ideas for my sofa is Naoto Fukasawa, he stated that "people don't think about the tools they're using while they're using them" which got me thinking about how I often mindlessly just sit down on the sofa I have at home. So I observed my family and their habits while leisurely sitting around in the living room in order to see the possible design problems within my own home. While observing my family I realized that occasionally some of them slept on the sofa, taking up the entire space leaving others to go off into their own rooms or sit somewhere else. With this in mind, I decided to make a sofa that will make it much more convenient in daily life for my family.


At first, I started with a quick sketch of the type of couch I wanted to create




Then I started using Tinkercad, but while using it I ran into a couple of small problems. I've been using Autodesk Inventor since high school so Tinkercad (although it was designed for kids) was somewhat more difficult for me to understand and get used to. I spent a long time trying to fillet but eventually managed to get it done and have a result I'm pretty satisfied with.


Here is my Object Design:
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[04.) BLOG POST(S): PARAMETRIC FURNITURE/STRUCTURE SCALE MODEL] Part 1

Papercraft Final

Reversed Engineered Object: Progress II