Reversed Engineered Object Final

  Reversed Engineered Object Final

November 3, 2020


The Reversed Engineered Object Project is where we chose a mechanical object made up of multiple parts to create on Rhino. We have to be able to dissect the object and measure the parts using a digital caliper. 

Overall creating this object was rather painful, I spent so many hours trying to properly recreate the hole puncher and had a couple problems along the way but they were eventually fixed as I went along. The one part of the project I hated the most was the renders, the first render I tried making in the final quality version and it took a total of eight hours to finish. So I made some of the rest good quality instead because they just took way too long to render and if I waited that long for each render I really wouldn't be able to get this blog post up on time. My object is really big so, my renders took way longer than expected.

We were given three weeks to finish this project and this is my final product:


Exploded view:


Assembled Renders:








I forgot I already had four renders of the assembly, but here's a final one I took and waited so long for. I hate these renders, my last one took:


And the average time it took to render each one after the first was 2-3 hours. A MacBook really isn't built to run renders like this.

Comments

  1. This is incredible! This project was really difficult, but you absolutely nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink clear plastic is absolutely jaw dropping, outstanding stuff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Papercraft Final

[04.) BLOG POST(S): PARAMETRIC FURNITURE/STRUCTURE SCALE MODEL] Part 1

Reversed Engineered Object: Progress II