Papercraft Final

Papercraft Object: Final Revision
March 19, 2020

After speaking with Bryan I realized that I didn't actually need to make my actual fan completely three dimensional and that I could just place multiple pieces over each other so with that I started making an even more complicated template. 

Bryan gave an extremely useful suggestion of making the actual fan inside a pinwheel so that it can actually spin which is something that a lot of people suggested adding to the final and so I chose to do that and got to work on the actual templates. 

Here are the paper templates I made on Rhino,




If we had to cut this out this by hand I would've most likely given up but the laser cutter is an actual lifesaver. 

Here are some renders of what the final piece would look like,





For the final piece, I wanted the fan to be able to actually stand, so I added coins in the bottom of the handle to be able to support the actual fan and I also included the stand the actual fan came with. To make the pinwheel work, I used a piece of metal and put that in between multiple pieces of paper within the fan.

And this is the final papercraft project:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[04.) BLOG POST(S): PARAMETRIC FURNITURE/STRUCTURE SCALE MODEL] Part 1

Reversed Engineered Object: Progress II