Castle


 Castle

September 18, 2020

For the castle project, I chose to create a small walled kingdom on Rhino. I took inspiration from European Castles and walled fortresses. I used lots of gothic style arches and spheres for building details. I also included a fountain, a small market, and a small gazebo within the walls.

Here are some renders of the full castle:

Here are renders of details of the castle:



Here is a basic description of how I made some of the more detailed pieces in the castle:
- Roofed Towers: The roofed towers were made using the polygon tool and polyline for the details of the tower itself. The roof was made using the polygon tool for the bottom and the loft command for the pointed roof itself. I then used boolean difference to carve three arched windows on the towers in the front of the castle. Between the roofed towers, I made copies of an arched hallway created using a polyline.

- Gazebo: The gazebo was created using lots of polygon tools (specifically one with six sides) for the roof and the elevated floor. I used the loft tool to create the top of the roof and extruded a polyline of five sides of the gazebo

- Four connected buildings: I made four different shapes that go inside each other and extruded every single one to different heights then used boolean union on them. After the basic shapes I started making different types of roofs for each building (a regular gable roof, a rounded roof, a pointed loft, and a dome with a pyramid going through the dome). After creating the roofs, I started making lots of small details to the build using boolean difference and the extrudecrv command.

For the challenges, I met while creating the castle was trying to recollect all of the commands we used in OBDF 110 because I basically forgot most of what I learned. But because of the refresher from class, I was able to get through that challenge quite easily. For the successes, I would say that the end product finally came together once I added some small details to the castle and had them rendered.

 

 

 
 





 

Comments

  1. I love the little details that you've put in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very consistent charm! This model is very well detailed and has great detail depth. Reminds me of a popup book, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main square is such a good idea! I would love to go for a walk in that kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I really enjoy how you simplified details of classic European fortresses, the simplification and size of forms you used gives it a very inviting, whimsical feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the amount of detail! I want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore how you have made this structure looked lived in. The variety of shapes and attention to detail blows me away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Papercraft Final

[04.) BLOG POST(S): PARAMETRIC FURNITURE/STRUCTURE SCALE MODEL] Part 1

Reversed Engineered Object: Progress II