[06.) BLOG POSTS: PARAMETRIC FURNITURE/STRUCTURE COLLAB: FULL SCALE PROTOTYPE] WEEK 1

Week 1 

a.) What did your team accomplish

Our group chose a general idea of a concept they wanted to do which was an indoor furniture piece made for the school, which is multifunctional and made as a working space for the students.

b.) What did you, personally, contribute? What was your role?

I suggested 3 concepts for the group project. The first one I suggested was a wood panel chandelier, I looked into Frank Lloyd Wright, pieces that fit into each other, unique shadows and something that is more like an art piece.



The second one is a light fixture with a mix of both wood and acrylic.


The third one is a steampunk style interactive table that incorporates moving parts



Then the group decided to come together and choose a basic direction they wanted to go for and do more roughs that would match that concept. I chose to focus specifically on the multifunctional use of a furniture piece and looked into some problems I usually have with stuff at AuArts. And my biggest pet peeve was honestly just how dirty my jacket and bag always got hanging from the different chairs. So I made very basic designs of the concept I was thinking of.

The first is simply some sort of chair that has a detachable cushion so you can easily place your items inside. And the second one is a space-saving desk and chair combination in a more modern style which also has the possibility of incorporating a little storage space for the students.


c.) What challenges or successes did you and/or your team encounter?

I personally think as a group we could've been more unified in choosing a said direction earlier instead of going off on our own then coming together and choosing to do even more roughs as we do not really have a final chosen direction to go with as of yet. I found this rather challenging for myself as I had to put extra time on multiple days for this class when I am currently taking 6 courses, so I felt like it would be nicer to simply meet and have everything done once a week so that we are able to have the main goal set when we meet with each other in class to efficiently go ahead with our project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Papercraft Final

[04.) BLOG POST(S): PARAMETRIC FURNITURE/STRUCTURE SCALE MODEL] Part 1

Reversed Engineered Object: Progress II